TreePro Professional Tree Care is Nationally Recognized for Excellence In Arboriculture by the Tree Care Industry Association for Pruning of Heritage Oak Trees at Michael Hall Park in Windsor. We perform tree services and hazard reduction pruning to ANSI A-300 tree care standards supervised by Certified Arborists.
These are Professional National Guidelines which ensure the optimal care for the trees in your home landscaping. Our work proposals include the type of pruning, location of pruning and amount of pruning to be serviced. Arborist consulting for pruning promotes better tree health through strong branch and trunk development.
Proper pruning helps prevent decay and reduce pest and disease problems. Improper pruning, such as topping, can cause severe decay, hazardous branch failures, or even death. TreePro is the Professional Choice for the management of the trees in your home landscaping.
Pruning Classes: ANSI A-300 Standards
Types of Pruning: ANSI A-300 Standards
- Crown Raising – Crown raising is the removal of lower branches on a tree to provide clearance over streets or sidewalks. It may also be done to provide visual clearance for pedestrians or vehicles. For young trees it is preferable to leave lower branches intact because they help the tree to establish a stronger trunk.
- Crown Cleaning – Crown cleaning is the removal of dead, diseased or damaged branches. It also includes trimming of weakly attached branches and thinning of waterspouts.
- Crown Thinning – Crown thinning is the selective removal of branches to increase light and air movement in the tree canopy. It can also help to decrease end weight in heavy branches. Crown thinning is also important in reducing wind sail for hazard reduction. Pruning of green foliage should not exceed 25% in any pruning season.
- Crown Reduction – Crown reduction or crown shaping is reducing the height or spread of a tree. Tree size can be controlled through crown reduction but it is important to start pruning a tree when it is young. Waiting until a tree becomes too large makes it difficult to keep smaller. The tree will replace growth more quickly when over pruned.
- Crown Restoration – Crown restoration is pruning to reshape a tree that has been storm damaged, vandalized or pruned improperly. Trees can be pruned to establish new scaffold branches for a more natural look. Crown restoration pruning should also be limited to 25% of green foliage in one pruning season.
- Young Tree Pruning – Pruning of young trees is an important and cost effective way to improve the health and structure of all trees. Keeping low branches on all young trees is important for developing trunk caliper and better trunk strength. It is also important to develop a central leader in the tree and remove weakly attached or competing leaders. This reduces the likelihood of branch failures as the tree matures. Finally establishing proper limb spacing and limb location ensure a more structurally sound tree.
TreePro Professional Tree Care provides competitive pricing and great service for all of the Sonoma County Area. Our Corporation Yard is located in Santa Rosa with easy access to Sebastopol, Windsor or Healdsburg.